Meet the new Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT RC touring car! The new Ford GT captured the world’s attention with its unique, aerodynamically optimized shape, its extraordinarily powerful 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine, and a historic return after 50 years to win the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans. Innovation abounds and everything about the Ford GT is designed to deliver pure performance. Traxxas has captured the Ford GT in a stunning 1/10 scale replica that is faithful to the beautiful and functional styling of the incredible flying buttress design. Every detail is there including the taillights and exhaust tips. Built to be driven, this Ford GT replica rests on the Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 chassis that’s all-new from the ground up. Update: Since announcing the new 4-Tec, Traxxas has unveiled three new versions! They now offer a 4-Tec with a Mustang GT body, as well as two chassis only models!
Detailed Replica Body
Traxxas captures the stunning beauty of the Ford GT with this fully licensed replica body. The sleek GT body is fully detailed with injection molded exhaust tips, tail lights, and features the signature buttresses. Specialized molding techniques were developed to capture the depth and detail of Ford’s original design. The Traxxas Ford GT looks just as good as it drives.
Replica Wheels and Tires
Sticky street tires and an aggressive tread pattern wrap around gorgeous replica wheels with lug nut details. The replica brake discs incorporate standard 12mm wheel hexes and feature red brake calipers. The brake calipers even switch from leading to trailing orientation to give your ride that fully authentic look.
Oil Filled Shocks
The new Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 rides on silky smooth oil filled Ultra Shocks utilizing X-ring technology for a perfect seal. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs and pistons. The 4-Tec 2.0’s shocks feature pressure bladders for oil/air separation and spring clips to precisely change ride height and pre-load. Redesigned shock caps feature hollow balls for better articulation and durability.
The Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 features a high performance high angle steering option with separate mounting holes in the linkages. With minor modifications, high angle steering allows your 4-Tec 2.0 to rotate further for epic drifting. The high tech suspension also features bosses molded into the arms to adjust droop. Suspension droop is the amount of downward travel on the wheels. Droop adjustment allows the Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 to be tuned for better stability in the corners.
Conventional servo savers earned a reputation for sloppy steering in on road RC cars. The Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 changes that with its integrated steering servo saver. The servo saver secures directly to provide precise and responsive handling in all situations. An integrated collar allows spring tension to be adjusted for increased tuning options.
Real world driving requires dealing with the elements. The Traxxas Ford GT 4-Tec 2.0 comes fully protected with a waterproof receiver box. The innovative receiver box keeps the 4-Tec’s micro receiver dry even in the worst weather.
High Torque Servo
A high performance RC touring car like the Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. Traxxas delivers by equipping the Ford GT 4Tec 2.0 with the 2056 high torque servo. This waterproof servo uses o-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. Waterproof for all weather action, the 2056 servo provides 80 oz/in of steering muscle.
Gear Mesh System
The Traxxas Ford GT 4-Tec 2.0 features a fixed gear mesh system. Setting the gear mesh can be complicated. The Ford GT eliminates the hassle with its innovative fixed positioning system. Use the included chart to select the proper holes for your pinion gear.
Dual Rear Camber Links
The rear suspension of the Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 features dual mounting points for the camber links to accommodate different bodies. Use the traditional high mount for standard bodies or low profile mount for sleek bodies like the Ford GT.
One Piece Driveshafts
The 4-Tec 2.0 one piece driveshafts save weight and send power directly to the wheels for lightning quick response times. Extended drive cups allow for maximum articulation and ultimate durability.
The Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 distributes power to all four wheels through a one piece center driveshaft. This lightweight aluminum driveshaft reduces rotating mass for faster acceleration and run time. There are no dogbones to wear and no drive cups to wobble. The shaft runs perfectly straight with superior rigidity and durability.
The 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT comes equipped with the same sealed beveled gear differentials in the rear as the ultra rugged Slash 4×4 RC short course truck. Tune the performance by varying the viscosity of the fluid inside.
Dual Bellcrank Steering System
Dual steering bellcranks with optimized geometry virtually eliminate bump steer. An integrated servo saver mounts directly to the servo to protect the gears from crash damage without sacrificing steering precision.
Adjustable Battery Holder
A quick release dual height battery hold down mount accommodates a wide range of batteries including long format mimh and lipo battery packs.
Adjustable Body Mounts
Traxxas exclusive adjustable body mounts allow easy installation of popular 190mm and 200mm RC touring car bodies.
The Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT comes pre-assembled from the factory and ready to run with all needed electronics. They include a Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz transmitter, micro receiver with TSM, a high torque waterproof 2056 steering servo, the XL5 electronic speed control and a Titan 12t brushed motor. The 4-Tec 2.0 is capable of hitting 30+ mph with the included optional pinion gear.
- Officially licensed Ford GT body
- Black chrome wheels with lug nut detail
- Replica brake discs with red calipers
- Injection molded inserts
- High-performance waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
- Innovative waterproof design
- Three drive profiles
- Sport Mode – forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode – forward / brake
- Training Mode – 50% forward / brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- LiPo and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage
- Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan
- Fixed gear mesh motor plate makes setting gear mesh simple with 11 different gearing positions
- 30+mph with included optional pinion gear
- Molded wire retainer keeps motor wires secure
- Adjustable Body Mounts (sold separately)
- Optional adjustable body mounts allow fitting of custom bodies
- Posts rotate for misaligned body holes
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Automatically stores and loads settings for upp to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Telemetry-ready 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- High-torque waterproof Traxxas #2056 steering servo
- Precise servo saver integrated into servo horn
- High steering angle option
- Patented O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Low center of gravity (Low-CG) chassis
- Positions weight low for improved handling
- Smooth underside resists drag and snags
- Angled front bumper improves approach angle
- Modular interlocking chassis pieces
- Improves rigidity and tightens tolerances
- Allows for easy maintenance
- High performance suspension
- Captured links won’t pop off
- Geometry tuned for precise handling
- Dual rear camber link mounts
- Adjustable droop
- Adjustable battery hold down
- Easy, secure battery installation
- Swivels to allow different height batteries
- Locks securely without pins or parts to lose
- Efficient direct all-wheel drive
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Aluminum center driveshaft
- Once-piece steel axles
- Direct drive
- Sealed, silicone-filled differential
- Brushless ready for easy Velineon brushless power upgrade
- High-performance tires with long-wearing compound
- Wider rear tires for a more aggressive stance
- Replica brake discs incorporate standard 12mm wheel hexes
- Brake calipers can be mounted in forward or trailing edge positions
- Springs and shocks
- Fully adjustable oil-filled Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- Red powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Includes Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iD (charger sold separately)
- Length: 17.6 inches (448mm)
- Front Track: 7.7 inches (195.6mm)
- Rear Track: 7.9 inches (200.1mm)
- Ground Clearance: 0.3 inches (8.7mm)
- Weight: 3.2lbs (1.45kg) with body (no battery)
- Height (ride): 4.2 inches (106mm)
- Wheelbase: 10.1 inches (256mm)
- Shock Length: Short (front and rear)
- Tire Diameter: 2.6 inches (65.5mm)
- Tire Width (front): 1.0 inches (26mm)
- Tire Width (rear): 1.2 inches (30mm)
- Wheel Diameter: 2.1 inches (52.6mm)
- Release Date: March 2017
- Part: 83056
- Price: $300 Buy Now!