Tekno R/C has unveiled their latest creation this weekend. The Tekno EB48 1/8 electric race buggy features a super narrow hard anodized chassis, three lightweight oil filled diffs, an adjustable chassis brace for ultra fine tuning and CV driveshafts with captured pins on all four wheels. Check out the full specs after the break.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with front, center, and rear braces.
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 5mm CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- Innovative cone piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept forward), or easier to drive (swept back).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side – less parts in your toolbox.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ‘0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Front/rear sway bars are the same length = less parts in your toolbox.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box..
- Full set of option parts avaialble.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
- 7.5lb RTR weight with common electronics and options.
- Sub-7lb running weight easily achievable
Tekno EB48 Pictures: