We knew it wouldn’t take long but we didn’t expect it this soon. Just a day after announcing the NT48, Tekno reveals the new ET48 1/8 electric truggy! Tekno started with their highly successful EB48 buggy foundation, including its narrow chassis, perfect weight distribution, efficient straight driveline, and incredible durability. Then they added heavy duty truggy driveshafts, truggy turnbuckles and truggy shock towers.
Most of the current truggies on the market have flip-floppy arms and inadequate shock absorbers coupled to undersized shock towers. Tekno set out to change all that with a set of truggy arms that are stiffer and beefier than any others. This makes the suspension much more efficient and results in higher corner speed and a noticeable increase in overall steering and response. Another obvious benefit is the ultimate durability of the arms. They are nearly indestructible.
A new set of rear shocks were needed to handle the rigors of truggy racing. Measuring in at 137mm long, they provide excellent bump handling and jump landing. Our current 122mm shocks, standard on the rear of our EB48/NB48/SCT410, are now outfitted to the front of this awesome truggy. CNC machined 8 x 1.3mm pistons are standard, giving you an excellent blend of low speed and high speed damping. New, truggy specific springs and sway bars finish off the damping package.
The last piece of the puzzle were the shock towers. Truggies need more suspension travel than buggies, both up and down. To ensure that any racer could tune in their suspension to any track condition, Tekno supplied the ET48 with more droop than any other truggy. At the same time, there is an abundance of up-travel to make sure the shocks don’t bottom before the chassis does on hard landings or super rough conditions. The front tower stands tall and is a whopping 6mm thick full CNC 7075 gun metal anodized aluminum masterpiece. The rear is 5mm thick and equally impressive. Let’s face it, truggies drive hard and this truggy will stand up to the abuse.
An electric specific truggy body was designed to hug the mud guards and cut through the wind like a razor. Put it this way, the body is narrower than a 1/10 touring car and contributes to the incredibly agile and nimble handling characteristics of the ET48.
Let’s continue. The ET48 shares all of the factory hop-ups and improvements Tekno made to the EB48.2 buggy. Tekno have included the +1.5 degree rear toe plate (TKR5013B) along with a new 0.5 degree offset insert to go along with the 1.0 and 0.0 offset inserts (TKR5021). New shock cartridges and shock bushings (TKR6008) improve handling consistency and reduce shaft deflection.
The differentials carry over from the EB48/NB48/SCT410 with the updated cross-pins and internal gears (TKR5149, TKR5150). All new truggy specific straight cut CNC diff ring and pinion gears ensure smooth, efficient, and quiet operation. Lightened differential outdrives (TKR5112X, TKR5114X) are used throughout. The lightened aluminum center driveshaft (TKR5077) is standard. A lighter drivetrain results in faster acceleration, higher top speed, and reduced wear. Our angled rear gearbox (TKR5016B) and larger bearings (TKRBB05134) round out the driveline. The angled gearbox reduces wear and increases efficiency by minimizing drive angles.
Up front the ET48 features the HD servo saver spring (TKR5101X) to help keep you pointing in the right direction. Lightened aluminum steering posts (TKR5102A) as well as lightened aluminum suspension sleeves (TKR5054A, TKR5055A) help reduce weight without any sacrifice in durability. Aluminum hard anodized pivot balls are used throughout (TKR5049A, TKR5052A, TKR5053A, TKR5058A, TKR5079A) to reduce weight.
Tekno ET48 Features
- +1.5 degree rear outer toe plate for more adjustability
- CNC straight cut differential ring and pinion gears for smoother and quieter operation
- Internal differential gears with low wear cross-pin design
- Low-friction shock cartridge internals that minimize shaft deflection
- Angled rear inner bulkhead with larg bearings to reduce wear and increase efficiency
- Hard anodized aluminum pivot balls throughout
- Hard anodized aluminum front spindle and suspension bushings – reduces weight
- Aluminum steering posts – reduces weight
- Aluminum front center driveshaft – reduces rotating mass
- Lightened differential outdrives throughout
- HD servo saver spring for more precise steering feel
- 1.0, 0.5, and 0.0mm offset hinge pin inserts for more adjustability
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Straight cut CNC ring and pinion gears.
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- CNC pistons are standard.
- Innovative cone piston design provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive or easier to drive
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ’0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- High downforce wing included.
Tekno ET48 Specs
- Length: 595mm
- Wheelbase: 375-385mm
- Width: 416-420*mm (*optional hubs required)
- Weight: 4000g (9.0lb) (weight varies with equipment and battery used)
- Part: TKR5600
- Price: $600
Tekno ET48 Pictures