Early last month we were able to give you a quick preview of Team Durango’s new stadium truck. Well its finally here! Team Durango is proud to present the DEST210R. What makes the DEST210R so special? Well for one, its hybrid transmission. The DEST210R features a transmission design that allows you, the racer, to choose if you want the motor to be in rear or mid-motor position. Not only that, you can decide whether you want the motor to be on the left or right side of the car. All of these configuration options are available with the same gearbox unit without the need to alter the suspension geometry! Other cool features include threaded aluminum big bore shocks, captured CVDs and super slick ball differential.
The DEST210R 2WD Stadium Truck kit uses many of the ground breaking features introduced on the hugely successful DEX210 buggy. It includes the option to run mid or rear motor, 3 or 4 gear layout, an option never before seen on a Stadium Truck. Team Durango is taking Stadium Truck racing to the next level.
The DEST210R comes with Team Durango’s ‘Fat Shock’ Big Bore shock absorbers. Already race proven on the ‘2012 Reedy Invitational’ winning DEX210 buggy, our Big Bore shocks keep the DEST210R nimble and planted. With a full range of optional Big Bore springs available, the DEST210R can be fine-tuned for any track and any condition. A full range of pistons is included in the kit – we even include blank pistons so you can drill your own for the ultimate in shock tuning.
A first for Team Durango kits, the DEST210R makes use of our ‘Team Durango Injection Moulded Engineering Composite’ Chassis. Manufactured to precise specifications, the flex and strength offered by the DEST210R’s chassis makes it forgiving and fast to drive. With the addition of adjustable battery position you can also balance the chassis out for perfect weight distribution on any track.
Caster and Toe Inserts
Getting the setup options you want without expensive optional parts is what the DEST210R is all about. Using specially designed inserts to change rear toe-in and front caster. The axle spins on bearings seated in the hubs which allows the same wheel hex fitment front and rear.
- Rear anti-squat and toe adjustment
- Patent application (Nop: 2 486 513) gearbox design: allows mid- or rear-motor configurations where the motor can be set left-or right-handed, all within one gearbox mould
- Team Durango DNA – world class, race proven, engineering and design
- Team Durango Injection Moulded Engineering Composite Chassis for enhanced chassis flex and superior traction and handling
- Team Durango Big Bore shock absorbers and composite shock towers
- Ball diff. as standard with optional geared diff. available
- Team Durango styled Stadium Truck bodyshell
- Stick or saddle battery pack compatible
- Captive rear CVD driveshafts
- 15mm hex wheels front and rear
- Length: 16.2″ (411mm)
- Width: 13″ (330mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.1″ to 11.4″ (282mm – 290mm)
- Weight: 67oz (1900g)
- Body Length: 16.6″ (422mm)
- Body Width: 6.7″ (169mm)
- Body Height: 4.4″ (113mm)
- Price: $285
- Availability: Early July
Source: Team Durango