Early last month we gave you a quick sneak peek of a new and soon to be released short course truck by Team Durango. Since then there has been little word on its progress, until today that is. Team Durango is proud to officially present the new DESC210R 2wd Short Course Truck! The DESC210R 2WD kit utilizes many of the ground breaking features introduced on the highly successful DEX210 buggy includes the option to run with the motor in a mid or rear configuration with the transmission in a 3 or 4 gear layout, options never before seen on a short course truck. Check out all the photos and details after the jump!
The DESC210R allows you, the racer, to choose if you want the motor to be in rear- or mid-motor position. Not only that, you can decide whether you want the motor to be on the left- or right-hand side of the car. All of these configuration options are available with the same gearbox unit and without altering the suspension geometry. This ability, to tune the weight distribution and torque orientation of the motor, without changing your suspension set-up, is what makes the DESC210R a unique Short Course Truck. The DESC210R is arguably the most tuneable yet user-friendly pro electric off road Short Course Truck kit available today.
- RM3 – Rear motor layout with 3-gears (one idler gear)
Suited to low traction on dirt
- RM4 – Rear motor layout, with 4-gears (two idler gears)
Suited to very low traction on dirt
- MM3 – Rear motor layout, with 3-gears (one idler gear)
Suited to a very high traction environment
- MM4 – Mid motor layout, with 4-gears (two idler gears)
Suited to high traction conditions
Big Bore Shocks
The DESC210R comes with Team Durango’s ‘Fat Shock’ Big Bore shock absorbers. Already race proven on the ‘2012 Reedy Invitational’ winning DEX210 buggy, our Big Bore shocks keep the DESC210R nimble and planted. With a full range of optional Big Bore springs available, the DESC210R can be fine-tuned for any track and any condition. A full range of pistons is included in the kit – we even include blank pistons so you can drill your own for the ultimate in shock tuning.
Adjustable Weight Distribution
A first for Team Durango kits, the DESC210R makes use of our ‘Team Durango Injection Moulded Engineering Composite Chassis’. Manufactured from precise specifications, the flex and strength offered by the DESC210R’s chassis makes it forgiving and fast to drive. With the addition of adjustable battery position you can also balance the chassis out for perfect weight distribution on any track.
Caster and Rear Toe Inserts
Getting the setup options you want without expensive optional parts is what the DESC210R is all about. Using specially designed inserts to change rear toe-in, and front caster. The axle spins on bearings seated in the hubs which allows the same wheel hex fitment front and rear.
- Rear anti-squat and toe adjustment
- Patent application (No: 2 486 513) gearbox design: allows mid- or rear-motor configurations where the motor can be set left-or right-handed, all within one gearbox mould
- Team Durango DNA – world class, race proven, engineering and design
- Team Durango Injection Moulded Engineering Composite Chassis for enhanced chassis flex and superior traction and handling
- Team Durango Big Bore shock absorbers and composite shock towers
- Ball diff. as standard with option geared diff. available
- Team Durango styled Short Course Truck bodyshell
- Stick or saddle battery pack compatible
- Captive rear CVD driveshafts
- 15mm hex wheels front and rear
- Length: 21.4″ (544mm)
- Width: 11.4″ (290mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.6-13.0″ (321mm-329mm)
- Weight: 70.5oz (2000g)
Source: Team Durango