Tamiya recently announced the newest addition to their championship winning touring car lineup, the TRF417WX V5! Based on the TRF417X, the WX features a number of new upgrades including redesigned 2mm thick carbon fiber upper and 2.5mm carbon fiber lower chassis decks with refined shapes to provide optimal flex. Allowing even further chassis flex is a new one-piece aluminum servo mount which utilizes a single mounting point. Other additions include new shocks, 3.5mm carbon fiber shock mounts, and new rear gear differential. The new TRF417WX is expected to be released this January.
- Newly designed carbon fiber upper (2.0mm thick) and lower (2.25mm thick) decks feature refined shapes to provide optimum roll flexibility.
- Newly-designed one-piece aluminum servo mount is secured to the chassis by one side (inner side) only so as to not jeopardize chassis flexibility.
- Newly-designed aeration dampers help maximize traction.
- Front and rear carbon fiber damper stays (3.5mm thick) have redefined damper attachment positions.
- Front direct coupling is equipped with steel cup joints and coupled with Double-Cardan drive shafts to provide efficient, smooth power transfer.
- Rear gear differential features steel diff joints and swing shaft protectors.
- Availability: Late January
- Part: 42240