Along with the new XV-01 based Subaru we announced earlier, Tamiya also revealed this little beauty at the International Toy Fair. Meet the new Tamiya Ferrari 458 Challenge race car! This will be the first body to be included with Tamiya’s soon to be released TT-02 chassis. The Ferrari 458 Challenge body will also be available on the TA06 touring car chassis at a later date.
The Ferrari 458 Challenge is a circuit car which made its debut in 2009. Its 4,500cc displacement engine produces 570ps at 9,000rpm. For the final classy touch the interior of the original car was designed with input from 7-time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher. This exciting machine is the first 1/10 scale subject to appear on the newly-designed TT-02 chassis. The TT-02 chassis is a 4WD entry level machine designed for easy assembly and high durability. Just like its predecessor, the TT-01 (first released in April 2003 with the iconic Enzo Ferrari body) the TT-02 is a great platform to start your on-road racing hobby or bashing in the parking lot. The TT-02 design incorporates advancements that make it possible to use modern day battery technologies simpler as well as giving the user more adjustability.
- Brake disc-shaped, wheel hubs which add to the chassis’ highly realistic appearance.
- 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with friction dampers
- Identical L/R suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly and maintenance
- Both the motor and the battery are longitudinally-placed in the ABS resin chassis for excellent balance
- Upright assembly can be changed to give the chassis an extra 4mm of travel for Rally racing
- Decal sheet and window masks included
- 24mm narrow mesh wheels in silver
- Separately molded head and taillight cases included for optional LED lights
- Choose between 257mm or 251mm wheelbase
- Ground clearance can be raised 4mm by changing upright assembly (Rally set-up)
- Square shaped battery compatible
- Skid shaped main chassis to reduce surface contact during hard cornering
- Disc shaped wheel hubs for realistic scale appearance
- Symmetrical suspension arms for easy maintenance and assembly
- 540 brushed motor
- TEU-105BK Electronic Speed Control
- Part: 58560 (TT02)