Serpent just announced their new 1/8 scale nitro buggy! As its name implies the new Serpent Cobra 811 2.0 buggy is an updated version of the world class Cobra 811 racing buggy. Some of the updates include a new wider rear end featuring new geometry for more traction and easier handling, longer rear shocks for more rear suspension travel, larger bearings, stronger diff gears and more! Serpent is expected to release this car’s full specs in the near future, for now check out the list of upgrades below.
This new development for Cobra buggy is realized after another full year of racing across the globe, listening to feedback from many (team)-drivers and dedicated testing on many different surfaces. The feedback from the drivers on the Cobra Buggy in general is very good, the durability is rated as best in the market, the shocks are toprated, and the diffs and drivetrain with new gears and larger bearings can now withstand any rigors and will last and last !
Serpent Cobra 811 Buggy 2.0 Features:
- New wider rear end with new geometry for more rear traction and an easier handling car with wider sweetspot
- Rear shockabsorbers moved to the back of the shocktower / arms
- Longer rear shockrods and larger volume rear shock-housing for more rear shocktravel create a more stable and forgiving rear end on fast but short bumps, and is better with landings after big jumps
- Longer rear lower arms, new higher carbon shocktower, longer rear shock, new uprights .
- Rear wing with integrated holders for the ballraced rear anti-roll bar
- Lexan mud-guards to mount on lower rear arms
- Nylon mud-scrapers mount on the new uprights
- Improved differential gears and improved diff-couplers with M5 setscrews.
- As already in the TE version : larger bearings in steeringblocks and uprights 8X16X5 (2) and 15x21x4 (2), transmission using larger bearings 8x19x6 and 13x19x4 and new couplers for extra durability
- Includes Serpent Avenger cab forward body and mask and also a set of 4 toplevel Serpent buggy wheels to try.