If you caught our first teaser picture of the upcoming Serpent Natrix 748 nitro touring car last month, then you already know that we had little more than speculation to go along with it. Well, today Serpent published much more information about the car include a few body off shots! Check it out below.
Michael Salven as chief designer, has worked closely together with key team drivers Green, Morganti, Mazzeo and the Sahahsi Bro’s to create the next level in 1/10 scale gas powered racing. This knowledge and experience is then mixed and compared to the needs of the national and club level racers to define the next level !
Mazzeo took the European Championship title in 2013 with Serpent 747, but that does not mean we will sit on our laurels. With the 2014 WC coming up in Thailand we are very motivated to make a very good car even better. Even more importantly we like to offer the Serpent fans the next evolution in the 1/10 scale racing experience.
With the recent experience of taking the Serpent 966 to the next level and creating the very successful and WC TQ and winning Viper 977, we apply the same design and development approach and technology into the Natrix 748.
- The differential s have new housings and new internals, to create the smoothest differentials ever. The inertia improved also some 30% resulting in a better acceleration and braking. The front and rear differential are not identical, but optimized for the task and space.
- The ball-raced rear anti-roll bar is optimized position wise. It’s action is now much more smooth and more linear
- The aluminum rear brake and 2-speed shaft holders, which also hold the rear anti-roll bar are lighter
- The anti-roll bar holder also acts as a brake-disc guide which gives smoother braking action and keeps the disc straight under all situations
- A new fuel tank is designed, which sits even lower in the car as before, and is long and narrow. It also features an internal “ramp” which has already been introduced successfully with the 977.
- The lay-down servo’s are both seated in one composite holder, as low as possible and as close as possible to the center line of the car, creating a better overall balance and enabling better rotation. The gas-throttle linkages are similar to the unit used on the Viper 977
- A nice small and light receiver box is made, which seats very close to the radio-tray and as much inboard as possible . On the radio plate a small holder is fitted to accept the plugs of the battery, to act as on/off “switch”.
- The new chassis allows the engine to be mounted more to the back as before, resulting in a better overall balance. Therefore the rear and side belt are new too.
- The innovative steering block system, well proven on the WC winning Viper 977 allows the much improved front suspension geometry, is fully adjustable, allow for a leading or trailing position and adjustable kingpin inclination. It also allows the mounting of the optional carbon aero disks.
- The rear uprights are modified to also accept the optional carbon aero disks
- The radio plate sits extremely low in the car, and it fitted in the rear with a new type ball-raced flex system, which an be used or locked in seconds.
- The lower radio tray made a new steering / servo saver assembly necessary, again with adjustable ackermann inserts as before.
- Overall the Natrix 748 is lighter than 747 before, as also most aluminium parts have been redesigned to loose weight.
- Release Date: Late May
- Part: 804007