The update to the Schumacher Cat K1 buggy is in! The new Cat K1 Aero features a new carbon fiber chassis with optimized weight distribution, new front and rear gear differentials, V2 Big Bore shocks with TiNi shafts, new 12mm hex wheels and, as the name implies, a new AirFlo aerodynamic body and high downforce wing. The Schumacher Cat K1 Aero is excepted to go on sale later this month.
- NEW Carbon Fiber Chassis.
- NEW AirFlo body shell and wing for improved aerodynamic performance.
- NEW Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
- NEW Aero “Nut Guards”, protects the shock mounts and track surface.
- NEW Large high down force ‘Aero’ rear wing.
- NEW Front and rear gear differentials as standard.
- NEW V2 Big Bore shocks with improved bodies
- NEW Titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing
- NEW 12mm Hex Wheels
- Strong, rigid 4mm, revised geometry, aero space carbon fibre shock mounts
- Steering rack designed for improved dynamic ackermann throughout the steering range
- Stronger, long, dual screw, top deck for superior flex characteristics
- Optimized 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension belts
- Large CNC precision machined pulleys
- Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions
- Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment
- Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout
- Horizontally split transmission housings for easy diff access and maintenance
- Strong steel universal driveshafts
- Molded side pods for superb dirt protection
- Larger, more durable layshaft bearings
- Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution
- Aerospace grade carbon chassis with optimised flex for balanced handling
- Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position
- Rigid servo mount directly to the chassis for precise steering
- Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low centre of gravity
- Class leading suspension geometry with durable components and optional alloy parts
- Adjustable front roll centres, rake angle and track width
- Medium flex suspension arms as standard
- Precision machined, 3 hole, rounded pistons
- Black anodized components for the aggressive stealth look
Schumacher Cat K1 Aero Specs
- Release Date: Mid December
- K147 – Cat K1 Aero Kit – $540 (approx)
- K149 – Cat K1 Aero Assembled – $590 (approx)
Schumacher Cat K1 Aero Pictures