After teasing a few pictures of it last week, Kyosho officially announces the re-release of the Javelin 4wd RC buggy! The re-released version comes packed with updates that bring it up to snuff for today’s modern power sources including a slipper clutch, metal final gear case, heavy duty aluminum inner roll bar, new wing stay that is compatible with the Optima, the choice of belt or chain drive, lightweight one piece wheels, long stroke large bore aluminum shock absorbers, and much more. See the rest of the details and tons of pictures below.
The Kyosho Javelin’s design concept was to create “A machine that redefines what it means to be the best”. After more than 30 years since the original release in 1986, this electric off-road competition model has been recreated as the sixth model in the Kyosho Vintage Series. Incorporating a resin pipe-frame body resembling the innovative aluminum pipe frame body of the 1/8 scale Land Jump engine powered buggy, the new Javelin features the proven performance of double wishbone suspension with a narrow backbone-style skid frame that delivers ideal geometry for wide-angled steering. This combines with the Javelin’s superior sealed compartment 4WD chain-drive system to produce excellent performance and durability. At the heart of the external features that faithfully represent the image of the Javelin of 30 years ago, this re-released version is packed with modern racing performance potential and is compatible with modern power sources. At the heart of the drive system is a counter gear equipped with slipper function and a final gear case made from metal to strengthen its load bearing capacity. The adoption of precision 48-pitch gear modules reduces power loss and the optimal combination of nylon and sintered alloy delivers both improved drive efficiency and reduced noise. In addition to chain drive, the drive system can also be changed to a belt system, which was optional in the original model. Also, the large diameter aluminum shocks, recreated in the original design, combine with long stroke suspension to deliver increased performance potential. Rediscover the joy of off-road buggy racing with the latest in racing technology and the nostalgic style of the ‘Javelin’.
- Each part has been upgraded to correspond with modern power sources while retaining Javelin’s unique original design.
- New updated heavy duty aluminum inner roll bar for increased durability.
- The new wing stay is compatible with the Optima.
- Rear wing has been changed to chassis mounting to generate high downforce. The pedestal parts have been included with insert nuts to keep the wing securely fixed. Incorporation of insert nuts into the pedestals delivers even more secure mounting.
- Just like the original Javelin, white, pastel green and fluorescent yellow colored roll cage bodies and wings are available. Red and black colors are on plan.
- The aluminum plate on the front area of the roll cage body is now securely fixed with screws adding rigidity to the body.
- Simple yet high rigidity aluminum backbone type chassis.
- Two types of drive system can be selected. The 4WD chain system with sealed compartment that took the world by storm, or the 4WD belt system that was later released as an option.
- FRP radio plate is suitable for ESC’s of any brand.
- One-piece wheels replicate the original stylish design while delivering a reduction in weight.
- Full ball bearing specifications use 18 ball bearings. (chain drive system uses 16).
hex heads ensure easy use and fastening security.
- Includes separate helmet and polycarbonate body.
- Hook and loop fastener battery stay (including battery straps printed with Kyosho logo) is compatible with various batteries and allows easy installation and removal.
- Equipped with metallic counter gear.
- Release Date: October 2017
- Part: 30618
- Price: $320