Kyosho has added another radio controlled rally car to their lineup, this one based on the same DRX VE platform as the Subaru Impreza WRC we posted about a few weeks back. As with the Subaru, the new Kyosho Demon rally car comes assembled with a Team Orion KV2400 brushless motor, Vortex R10 ESC and KT200 2.4Ghz radio system installed. The Kyosho Demon is expected to hit your local hobby shop’s shelves in late August. More specs after the jump!
- EVO New Team Orion Vortex 10 EVO brushless motor is pre-installed and fitted to an easy gear mesh motor mount for easy maintenance. The Vortex 10 EVO delivers jaw dropping power and acceleration.
- R10 Equipped with the New Team Orion Vortex R10 EVO ESC, that delivers a smoother power band and more punch compared to its predecessor. It comes with a pre-installed cooling fan to provide you with maximum performance each and every time.
- Syncro A pre-installed stylish FHSS 2.4GHz radio system featuring dual rate functions, also features a 4 channel receiver providing you with a wide range of upgrade options.
- Big Bore Shocks – Equipped with large capacity plastic oil shocks as standard. Soaks up bumps with ease and lands smoothly from large bumps. Features threaded shock bodies for chassis height adjustments.
- Multipoint Adjustments – Design features multi-point setting adjustments such as chassis height, camber, track width, front and rear toe-in etc.
- Shaft Drive – The drive shafts run through the center for chassis to give you better CG and optimum weight balance.
- Fully Digital Servo – Equipped with a digital servos for great response.
- Wide Stance – Long span suspension arms create a wide track width on the double wishbone 4-wheel independent suspension system for superior running stability.
- Fully Interchangeable – Front / rear and left / right suspension arms, front / rear knuckles and front / rear shock stays are all interchangeable. Newly designed suspension with maintenance-friendly pillow ball connect system.
- Compatible with DBX/DST – The DBX VE has 60% parts compatibility to its nitro version, so parts availability is not an issue.
- New Steering Layout – The DRX VE has a whole new steering layout which gives you greater response and much more steering angle than the DBX GP version .
- Aluminum Motor Mount – Equipped with an aluminum motor mount to secure the 540 Size Orion BL motor.
- Steel Pinion Gear – The DRX VE is equipped with a strong steel pinion gear for added security and durability.
- Scale: 1/9th
- Length: 560mm (22in)
- Width: 260mm (10.2in)
- Height: 187mm (7.3in)
- Wheelbase: 316mm (12.4in)
- Weight: 2600g (w/body)
- Gear Ratio: 8.86:1
Team Orion Brushless Motor Specs:
- 540 Size Motor
- 2400 KV
- Accepts 6-7 cell NiMh Battery or 2S/3S Lipo Battery
- Max RPM (N/A)
- Built in Cooling Fins
Team Orion ESC Specs:
- Sensorless Brushless Only
- Accepts 6-7 cell NiMh 2S-3S Lipo Only
- Low Voltage Cut-off Auto Detect 3.0V/cell
- Thermal Protection at 95c
- Forward/ Brake/ Reverse or Forward only
- Continuous Max Current 70A
- Peak Current 150A