Battles can be won or lost in the “famed Octagon” and JConcepts pulled a ringer into the fight with an innovative 2.2” buggy race tire. When it comes to high-bite, slick tire racing, look no further than the Octagons. At the appropriate time, and less tread is an advantage, vehicles can be tough to drive. The beauty of the Octagons lay just beneath the surface where JConcepts has removed a little surface area in the geometry based pattern. The carcass is new, slightly more round than JConcepts slick tires of the past and incorporates heavy X-pattern style inner ribbing for increased support. The continuous thickness carcass is light-weight and utilizes the industry standard 2.2” mounting bead. Like the name suggests, the embossed tread which is Octagon shaped is repeated and overlapped to form a subculture of grippy surface edges for dry or abrasive surfaces.
The main surface of the tire has the reliable slick and smooth surface which grips conditions as expected from a JConcepts tire. The Octagons are available in green, black and indoor clay, gold compounds to match just about any racing surface. Each package includes the Dirt-Tech insert, popularized by its durable nature and gray color, provides customers the combo package they have been waiting for from JConcepts.
- 3142-02 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd/4wd Rear Tires Green – $20
- 3142-05 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd/4wd Rear Tires Gold – $20
- 3142-07 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd/4wd Rear Tires Black – $20
- 3143-02 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd Front Tires Green – $20
- 3143-05 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd Front Tires Gold- $20
- 3143-07 – JConcepts Octagon 2wd Front Tires Black – $20
- 3144-02 – JConcepts Octagon 4wd Front Tires Green – $20
- 3144-05 – JConcepts Octagon 4wd Front Tires Gold – $20
- 3144-07 – JConcepts Octagon 4wd Front Tires Black – $20