Improving on a successful vehicle platform is one tough chore. JConcepts has taken on the difficult assignment in designing a heavy-duty, high response and low deflection steering assembly for the World Championship Team Associated B44 RC buggy. The design team has pulled another option out from under their sleeves with a genuine aluminum and carbon fiber steering system and hardware kit.
In the stock trim, the B44 steering swings an all molded, plastic bellcrank system as well as a plastic steering rack supported by bushings. The JConcepts design includes an aluminum driving and driven bellcrank and incorporates a flat panel 2.5mm material as the steering rack with 3 locations for ackermann adjustment. The new rack includes bearings for the system to glide on while long (.400”) JConcepts stainless steel ball studs provide the connection between the new system and steering tie-rod. The servo-saver less aluminum bellcranks allow for a more precise steering feel with increased steering through less defection. The carbon fiber rack pivots freely on the bearing supported system allowing the driver to feel less drag and quicker response.
JConcepts B44 Steering Features:
- Original JConcepts design
- Available in anodized blue and black color options
- Aluminum machined driving and driven bellcranks
- 2.5mm genuine Carbon Fiber rack
- Includes bearings and long (.400”) ball studs
- Aluminum, blue anodized bump-steer washers
- Aesthetic eye-candy
JConcepts B44 Steering Specs:
- 2235-1 – B44 Steering Blue – $42
- 2235-2 – B44 Steering Black – $42
JConcepts B44 Steering Pictures: