Recently World Champion Drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr teamed up with Need for Speed to build this one-of-a-kind, fully-functional street, track and drift machine. Balancing 5.0 liters of tire-shredding American horsepower with vintage American, Japanese, European and Drift culture inspired design influences, Vaughn has incorporated state-of-the-art technology while retaining a nostalgic feel into his vision for the 69’ Ford Mustang’s timeless body. While Vaughn will be the only one behind the wheel thrashing the full sized RTR-X, the entire world will be able to enjoy driving the 1/10th scale version from HPI!
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR is now better than ever! We’ve taken the proven Sprint 2 platform and added a 2.4GHz radio system, pre-painted bodies, waterproof electronics, LIPO-capable electronic speed control, 7.2V battery pack with AC wall charger, AA batteries for the transmitter, and orange anodized chassis parts. And it’s all pre-built to precise factory specs to get you driving quickly.
2.4Ghz Radio System
Controlling the Sprint 2 Sport RTR is easy with the HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. The TF-40 pistol grip transmitter features adjustments for steering trim, throttle trim, steering dual rate, end points, servo reversing switches, low battery indicator and a 3rd channel for optional accessories. The 3 channel receiver is equipped with a failsafe system for maximum safety.
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR now has a waterproof receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new SF-10W waterproof steering servo and a waterproof SC-15WP speed control mean your Sprint 2 Sport RTR won’t be stopped by wet conditions.
To help get your new Sprint 2 Sport RTR running as quickly as possible, a rechargeable 7.2V Plazma 2000mAh battery pack and AC wall charger are now included, along with Plazma AA’s for your transmitter. Just charge the battery and you’re ready to start driving!
The 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X Sprint 2 Sport features a highly detailed replica 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X body finished in gunmetal metallic paint. Two sets of Work Meister S1 wheels are included, one set for Drift with pre-mounted HPI T-Drifts and another set for Grip with pre-mounted HPI X-Patterns! The body comes completely trimmed, decaled and mounted. The finished kit perfectly captures the essence of the RTR-X in 1/10th scale with it’s timeless looks and awesome performance.You can also customize the Sprint 2 Sport chassis with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and option wheels/tires!
Performance Driven Design
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR chassis is 4WD for consistent performance on a wide variety of surfaces, easy to drive, and has all of the features you need to adjust for a perfect set-up: camber, toe-in, ride height, Ackerman and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a big foam front bumper, reinforced molded nylon chassis, upper deck and shock towers, you’ll see that the Sprint 2 Sport RTR can easily take the abuse of parking lot driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
The Sprint 2 Sport RTR takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it’s quiet, clean, powerful and truly plug-and-play… no starter or fuel needed! Power comes from a Firebolt 15T motor, controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over throttle, brakes, and reverse. 6 and 7 cell NiMh battery packs fit easily in the Sprint 2 Sport RTR, as well as 2S Li-Po packs.
The Complete Package
From authentic looks to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the Sprint 2 Sport RTR is the complete package. 2.4GHz radio, full ball bearings, waterproof electronics and silicone oil-filled shocks – it’s all there on the Sprint 2 Sport RTR, precision built from the factory.
- TF-40 radio system with pistol grip transmitter and 2.4GHz operation for trouble free reception
- SC-15WP waterproof and reversible ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- Nimble 4WD handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Existing Sprint 2 option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions to maximize suspension performance
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance and maximum reliability
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- Ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Silicone oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers
- 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- 2 degree and 3 degree rear hubs for additional tuning choices
- Pre-painted body with decals pre-applied
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
- Length 17″ (431mm)
- Height 5″ (127mm)
- Width 7.5″ to 8.0″(190mm to 200mm)
- Wheelbase 10″ (254mm)
- Part: #109299
- Price: $270