Meet the next evolution in the Exotek F1 line of conversion kits for the Tamiya F104 and F103 F1 cars! The Exotek F1R2 Pro Conversion features a totally revamped design made specifically for maximum performance. Features include a new Hybrid Link side link suspension, new rear pod geometry, twin side dampers, chassis optimized for shorty lipo packs, quick position alloy servo mounts, and a 2.5mm flex weave carbon fiber chassis. More info and pics after the jump.
- New ‘Hybrid Link’ side link suspension integrated with a flex ‘T Plate’ chassis. Using both types of suspensions in one platform means the F1R2 practically glides over bumpy surfaces without sacrificing the responsiveness and tuning of a link suspension. Superb for rubber tire racing!
- New rear pod geometry for more progressive dampening which increases forward bite.
- New twin side dampeners for equal left and right pod damping. Smooth machined POM inserts for silky smooth damping. Compact ball end design allows for extra suspension movement.
- New design optimized for ‘shorty’ lipo packs. Will also allow the use of standard lipo packs.
- New quick adjust shock end for on the fly pod droop adjustments.
- New quick position alloy servo mounts. Allows for quick and easy Ackerman tuning as well as servo mounting without the need for servo tabs removal (‘shorty’ servo required). Also allows you to shift the weight balance of the car forward or back because the battery can adjust with the servo.
- New US made premium matte finish 2.5mm ‘flex’ weave carbon fiber is used throughout. The thinner ‘flex’ chassis generates more overall grip especially for rubber tire racing and the matte finish is just flat out trick!
- New 2 wheelbase option rear pod design. It only takes 6 screws to change the wheelbase from the standard long F104 or the shorter F103! The short wheelbase is a great tuning aid for small indoor tracks!
- New precision machined lightweight motor plates. The right side insures secure motor mounting with heat sink performance while the left side allows for mounting of a fan for motor cooling. The rear pod includes spacers that allows for high or low axle height to match F104 and F103 tire heights.
- New alloy side spring nuts for easier side spring assembly and tuning.
- New lipo strap ‘posts’ are shaped to snugly hold your standard dimension lipo pack in squarely and securely. Special cuts in the posts allows your esc or servo leads to pass through for a tidy layout.
- New angled side links. The triangulated angle improves suspension geometry resulting in much freer rear pod movement at extreme left right angles. The older ‘square’ link angles were free when flat but binds up the further the suspension lifted left or right. The result is improved bumpy track and high speed handling.
- New 1mm lower ride height spacer included for the F104 front arms. Because the F1R2 chassis is thinner then stock the new shim lowers the chassis without lowering the front wing and suspension for improved center of gravity and reduced front wing dragging.
- New lightweight but heavy duty nylon body post set included.Includes Associated side pod springs. These are used to tune for steering response and pod level (tweak).
- Bonus- the front of the chassis is designed to accept a new Exotek IFS suspension proven to be outstanding for cornering. IFS is slated for mid 2014 release!
- Release Date: December 3rd
- Part: 1377
- Price: $170